The Furness Line Community Rail Partnership is made up of Partners, including Cumbria and Lancashire County Councils, First TransPennine Express, Northern Rail, Network Rail, Barrow Borough Council, South Lakeland District Council, Lancaster City Council, FLAG and ACoRP, plus Associates including the Morecambe Bay Partnership, the Arnside & Silverdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Town and Parish councils and businesses.
Officers and staff -
Chairman: Tim Owen
Vice-Chairman: John Owen
Secretary: Claire Bradshaw
Community Rail partnership officers: Jim Trotman (Part Time) and Kerstin Esbjornsson.
The aims of the Furness Line Community Rail Partnership are:
- To increase use of existing train services
- To develop new businesses in the communities directly or indirectly served by the Barrow-in-Furness to Carnforth (and Lancaster) railway.
- To develop community goodwill and involvement in the railway.
- To improve station facilities and environment.
- To develop integrated transport links to and from the railway.
- To assist with developing agreed long-term strategies for the local railway.
For information about supporting the Furness Line CRP, contact
Jim Trotman, CRP Officer (second from the left) and Mick Elliot, Stations Manager for TPE (second from the right) accept the Outstanding Teamwork first prize at the 2011 Community Rail Awards.
Annual Report 2015
Annual Report 2014
ANNUAL REPORT 2013
Annual Report 2012