Set in the Arnside and Silverdale AONB, the station is just over one mile or 1.5 km. from Silverdale village, but only a few minutes' walk from the RSPB Nature Reserve at Leighton Moss. The swathes of reed bed are a haven for both local and migratory species. The Visitor Centre houses a gift shop and popular tea room. Leighton Moss RSPB Nature Reserve manages land on either side of the railway line in the direction of Carnforth and this land includes both reed beds and intertidal salt marshes. Visitors come from across the UK to this reserve and local mountain climbers practice their skills on the neighbouring Trowbarrow nature reserve's disused quarry walls.
Nearby lies Leighton Hall, home of the Gillow furniture making family, which was rebuilt in Adam style in 1763. The hall offers tours, gardens, an annual craft fair and a cafe.
The village centre is connected to the station by a shuttle bus as well as by foot paths, at least one of which crosses the attractive Silverdale golf course. Other foot paths lead to the coast and Jenny Brown's Point and through the woods and fields to Wolf House Gallery. Here there is a cafe as well as a gallery, an artist in residence and high quality craft shop. From Wolfhouse, there are views across the water to Humphrey Head, where the country's last wolf is said to have died, and to Grange-over-Sands. Just down the road is a garden centre specialising in plants suited to the shallow soils on the local limestone rocks.
Some tourist information is held in a shop in the centre of the village.